Putah Creek Council’s Stewardship Team is core to everything we do. The heart and soul of our habitat enhancement projects, native plant nursery, and creek cleanups, Stewardship Team members get their hands dirty on behalf of the creek.
Stewardship Team volunteers commit to a year-long leadership position within Putah Creek Council. They act as mentors to other community volunteers. Team members, alongside PCC staff, provide guidance in proper planting and nursery techniques during events. Team Members help interpret local ecology to the public, help with native plant propagation, and clean up before and after events.
Stewardship Team members must:
- attend two annual training days
- commit to co-leading at least five community volunteer events per year
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to provide own transportation to and from events
- be willing to work outside in all types of weather and terrain
Are you interested in becoming a Stewardship Team member? Fill out the interest form below!
Not looking to make a longer commitment? No worries, check out any of our events and volunteer with us when it works best for you!